Table of Contents
- What is NEET (UG)?
- All About NEET (UG) 2021:
- Eligibility Criteria For NEET (UG) 2021:
- Registration and Application Process:
- Exam Paper Pattern, Marking Scheme & Cutoff :
- Admit Card:
- NEET(UG) 2021 Result:
- NEET(UG) 2021 Events and Dates:
What is NEET UG?
NEET UG, known as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, is a common and uniform entrance test for admission to the various Undergraduate Medical Courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS Courses and other Undergraduate Medical Courses in approved/ recognized Medical/ Dental & other Colleges/ Institute in India.
NEET (UG) examination will be conducted annually(once every year) by the NTA (National Testing Agency). The examination is basically conducted in the Offline Mode (Pen and Paper Mode). And the exam is available in 11 different languages. Which include English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada and Telugu. NEET (UG) will be conducted in 3,842 Test Centre’s and 155 places across India and Overseas as well.
In the year 2019, NTA was established by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt Of India (GOI). The National Testing Agency (NTA) was established as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier Testing Organization for conducting NEET (UG). According to Section-14 of the NMC act (2019) admission to MBBS and BDS courses in all AIIMS and JIPMER like Institutions is also made through NEET(UG) Examination.
More about NEET UG 2021
NEET UG 2021 will be conducted on Sunday 12th of September’2021. On 12th of July ’2021, Education Minister had officially announced the date of NEET (UG) 2021 entrance examination as to be held on 12th of September 2021. And it is also stated officially that NEET(UG) 2021 will be conducted only once a year and in the Offline Mode (Pen & Paper Mode). The application process is to start from 13th September at 5pm.(the complete Exam Schedule is awaited).
Eligibility Criteria For NEET (UG) 2021
To appear in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)-UG 2021, the candidates must fulfill the required eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for NEET 2021 include minimum and maximum age requirement, educational requirement, subjects studied in the qualifying exam, status of the qualifying exam, category and nationality.
- Minimum and Maximum Age requirement: Applying candidates for NEET 2021 must have completed minimum age of 17 years by 31st December 2021. The provisional maximum age limit for general candidates is 25 years. Candidates who belong to categories like SC, ST, OBC, NCL and PWD are offered a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit. However, the decision on the upper age limit for NEET exam is pending in the Supreme Court. Thus, all candidates are provisionally eligible to sit in NEET UG 2021, as per the SC judgment on April 29, 2019.
- Nationality requirement: Candidates appearing for NEET 2021 should be Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO), and Foreign Nationals.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have either completed or are appearing 10+2 or equivalent are eligible to appear in NEET exam 2021.
- Subjects required: To apply for NEET exam, aspirants must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects.
- Minimum Marks required in qualifying exam: Candidates sitting for the exam must secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined in the 10+2 qualifying exam. And the SC, ST, OBC-NCL category candidates require minimum marks of 40%.
NEET UG Syllabus
NTA will be setting the syllabus for NEET (UG) examination. It mainly comprises three subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Biology. NEET 2021 syllabus overlaps with the CBSE Class 11 and Class 12. However, a few topics have been included in the NEET syllabus, which is not taught in these classes. Hence candidates are advised to go through thoroughly the syllabus of NEET 2021 before they start preparing for the entrance test.
No Change In The Syllabus For NEET(UG) 2021
NTA Director officially declared on 19th January 2021 that the syllabus for NEET (UG) 2021 to remain unchanged for the year 2021. And the the exact pattern for NEET(UG) 2021 is yet to be provided. However, in view of reduction of syllabus by some boards across the country, NEET (UG) 2021 question paper may also have options on the lines of JEE(Main) as stated in the official letter released by NTA Director on 19th January’2021. To know more about the NEET syllabus aspirants are advised check the website www.ntaneet.nic.in frequently .But for now it is suggested for the students to prepare for the full unchanged syllabus and get benefitted.
NEET (UG) 2021 Exam Paper Pattern, Marking Scheme & Cut off
NEET (UG) Exam comprises of three sections for the three main subjects Biology, Physics and Chemistry. The total marks of the examination, marking scheme, negative marking, cut off along with the subject wise question paper analysis along with no of questions is mentioned below:
- Total Marks: The question paper will bear total of 720 maximum marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will contain four marks. Total of four marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking in this examination; one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Cut off: Cut off for the General Category of candidates is 50th percentile, for the General-PH category of candidates is 45th percentile, for SC/ST/OBC Category of candidates is 40th percentile, for SC/ST/OBC-PH category of candidates is 40th percentile.
NEET UG 2021 Registration and Application Process
NTA may release the application form for NEET(UG) 2021 any time soon. The application process will be online. The candidates will have to register themselves on the official website in order to fill the application form. For successful completion of the NEET 2021 application process, a candidate has to go through these four steps. To help you understand the process better, the steps are elaborated below.
How to Apply for NEET 2021
- Visit the official website, www.ntaneet.nic.in and register for NEET 2021.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields in the online form, including the personal and the academic details.
- Upload all the documents such as copies of photographs, signature, left-hand thumb impression and class 10 certificate after scanning them properly.
- To complete the process, pay the NEET application fees. The application fee payment is through online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ e-challan and UPI gateway.
- The application fee for the General 1500₹ ,EWS and OBC category is Rs.1400/- and for SC/ST/PWD category is Rs.800/-.
- students from Outside of India need to pay 7500₹₹₹
- Take a printout of the Confirmation Page and preserve it for future reference. Candidates must preserve this Confirmation Page and submit it during their admission into the Medical Colleges.
Common Service Centre’s
There are Common Service Centre (CSC’s) available for the candidates who can not get access to the internet service at their place to give their NEET (UG) Application.
NEET Application Correction Window
NTA will start correction window for the NEET application form 2021 after they complete the Application process. Candidates can use this opportunity to make the desired changes to their NEET (UG) 2021 application forms. By using the NTA NEET 2021 correction window, candidates can change any detail which they have filled during the application process.
NEET (UG) 2021 Admit Card
NTA will release the NEET (UG) 2021 admit card tentatively one month prior to the exam. The admit card of NEET (UG) 2021 will be available on the official website of www.ntaneet.nic.in . Candidates can download their NEET admit card 2021 by logging into their registered accounts. Details of Exam Centre allotted to the candidate will be mentioned on the admit card of NEET 2021.
After downloading the admit card, take a colored printout of the same. Paste a recent passport-sized photograph (preferably the same as the one uploaded with the application form) in the space provided. The parent or guardian have to sign on the the admit card .
NEET (UG) Result 2021
NTA will soon announce the Result date. The candidates can check their results at the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in and www.mcc.nic.in.
NEET (UG) 2021 Events And the Dates:
|NEET(UG) 2021 registration and Application starting date||13th July 2021|
|NEET(UG) 2021 registration And Application Ending Date||7th August 2021|
|NEET(UG) 2021 Correction window starting date||8Aug2021|
|NEET(UG) 2021 Correction window ending date||12Aug 2021|
|neet(UG) 2021 admit card release date||6 sept2021|
|NEET(UG) 2021 EXAM Date||12th September Of 2021|
|neet(UG) 2021 answer key release date||Yet to be Declared|
|Neet(UG) 2021 Result Date||Yet to be Declared|
Hope these details help you in preparing for NEET 2021. If you want to prepare in a structured and guided manner, check our NEETshala’s 7 Week’s Discipline plan here.https://neetshala.com/plans/neet